K3 Visa for Thai

K3 Visa for Thai

Do you want a K3 Visa for Thai national? The K3 visa is a US visa application for the wife of a US citizen. This visa will allow your Thai wife entry to the US while waiting for the approval of the visa petition I-130. The adjustment of status to becoming a permanent resident. This comes after all the conditions for the visa has been met and that she is in the United States. So it starts off with an immigrant visa petition and ends with a status of being a permanent resident of the United States.

K3 Visa for Thai

K3 Visa usage

A Thai national who marries a U.S. citizen outside the U.S. must apply for the K-3 visa in the country where the marriage took place or from the country of residence of the applicant. This is also to note that with the K3 visa there will also be a K4 visa, child derivative application, which will allow the minor unmarried children of your Thai wife to accompany or travel with her to the US.

Thai wife may apply for K-4 visas and each with a separate application must be submitted. Speak to a lawyer about this in Thailand so that they prepare not only the K3 visa application but also the K4 visa for each minor and unmarried child.

The spouse mainly refers to someone who you have legally married. If you are living together, or have cohabited for a long time or you had a traditional wedding in Thailand, then this is not acceptable. It has to be a legally registered marriage.

K3 Visa process

The first step to start with the K3 visa process is by completing the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This is done with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once this has been filed, you will get a notice that they have received it. This is called the Notice of Action (Form I-797) receipt notice. Then you must file the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancée, for your Thai wife and step-children. Once approved the USCIS sends it to the National Visa Center for processing.

The only problem between this would be if you have incomplete documents. Which means that they will send you a Request for Evidence. This to which you have to reply with what documentation is missing or incorrect. Always see the latest rules and changes for the K3 Visa for Thai nationals.

The notice order may at times not arrive at the same time. If the National Visa Center receives the approved I-129F petition before it receives the I-130 petition, they will still process the latter document and send the I-129F petition to the U.S. Embassy in Thailand. This would be quickest way for spouse to join their spouse. This is a rare application these days as most have chosen to go through the CR1 or IR1 respectively.

Speak to a US immigration lawyer in Bangkok for more insight and assistance with the K3 Visa for Thai national visa process.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.